Careers at Q1 ProductionsPart-Time Graphic Designer
The Role of the In-House Graphic Designer
Location: Chicago, IL & Virtual
Q1 Productions is looking for a qualified Graphic Designer to join our Marketing department to design and create graphics to meet specific commercial and promotional needs such as agendas, brochures, displays, website and other event-related materials for Q1 Productions or any of our affiliates. This is a permanent part-time position.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Graphic Designer will work independently and in conjunction with the Graphic Design Manager to:
- Understand company brand guidelines and apply on-brand design solutions both internally and externally
- Ensure the consistent look and feel for all images and graphics, following brand guidelines
- Research, grow, and manage a well-organized inventory of creative resources, advertising opportunities, and photography
- Preparing specifications for print orders both internal and external
- Own project management of assigned work including but not limited to delivering work on time and checking in with the Graphic Design Manager to help balance workload when needed
Qualifications and Skills
The successful Graphic Designer should have/be:
- Solid knowledge of fundamental design, typography, photography, and design trends
- Proficient in/with Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe Acrobat PDF Management
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
- High-level understanding of branding new or existing concepts on a consistent basis
- Ability to interpret design specifications with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to create original artwork within brand standard
- Proficient in the Mac operating system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Able to handle multiple projects and work efficiently under pressure
- A strong design portfolio that demonstrates creative skills and use of typography
The below are not requirements, but would be an added benefit
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Divi Theme
- Experience in photography/videography/video editing
- HTML/CSS coding
- UX/Web design experience
- G-Suite experience
Bachelor’s degree required.
Please send a link to your online portfolio.
Designers with 1-5 years’ experience would be the best fit for this position.