Includes 1 Hour Windows Media Video File and PowerPoint presentations for immediate download.
Value analysis committees (VAC) act as a gatekeeper for device account managers and contractors seeking to have products purchased and utilized in hospitals and surgical centers, as they participate in the processes for qualifying and selecting the necessary devices. The overall structure, responsibilities and variation of VACs continues to expand as the needs of the healthcare environment evolve, and device companies are challenged with engaging VACs to identify the expectations of the purchaser and the overall effect the device will have on the hospital resources. To ensure success in committee adoption, device account managers must create systems to optimally communicate a device’s clinical and economic value proposition, while also providing data demonstrating value assessment.
- Current and future VAC policies and structures
- Approaches to decision making processes
- Metrics used in product evaluations
- Best practices for communicating with VAC
- Detailing transparency expectations
- Methods for continuous relationship building
James Russell, RN-BC, MBA
Value Analysis Facilitator
UF Health Jacksonville