Includes 1 Hour Windows Media Video File and PowerPoint presentations for immediate download.
Identifying and engaging prospective medical device suppliers outside of the US is a complex and time consuming responsibility for those working in strategic sourcing While the industry has historically procured materials from countries overseas with lower labor and overhead costs, such as Asia, many companies are contracting with suppliers in Mexico due to their highly skilled workforce, favorable trade agreements and operational efficiencies. With heavy pressure to contain costs and boost efficiency, strategic sourcing teams must strengthen procurement practices by pursuing the highest quality materials from a trustworthy supplier at a competitive rate.
- Trends in local sourcing- key locations and service offering
- Methods for calculating total delivered cost
- Freight and labor fees
- Long term sustainability
- Identifying risks in business, security and safety
- Locating talent and skill sets specific to medical devices
- Medical device ecosystem in El Paso/Juarez, Mexico area
Chief Executive Officer