Includes 1 Hour Windows Media Video File and PowerPoint presentations for immediate download.
While global life science manufacturers often pursue emerging markets to evaluate new business opportunities, they must use diligence as these areas are not without risks and challenges. The markets in Asia are currently some of the more appealing emerging economies, as these countries are ripe for drug development and increasing healthcare spending; however, key areas of risk do exist in bribery and fraud. With corruption enforcement being a priority for many governments, companies looking to enter into these markets must address risks proactively while implementing an effective anti-corruption compliance program.
- Enforcement trends in the various markets: Corporate and individual prosecutions
- Combating corruption risks specific to life sciences
- Relationships with HCPs and risks to be managed when organizing advisory boards, grants, engaging HCPs, sponsorships of HCPs
- Business and operational risk areas including relationships with distributors/dealers
- Relationships with other third parties such as market access consultants and medical foundations/associations especially those in China
- Areas of risks in promotional activities
Yuet Ming Tham
Sidley Austin LLP
Brooke Akins | Manager, Market Intelligence | 312.224.1693 firstname.lastname@example.org